New Application Versions
All new versions of certified software must be supplied to Betfair with comprehensive release notes using the release notes form below, including the following:
- 1Changes to the login, registration or software authentication flow
- 2Bugs fixes – full details of the bug/defect that has been fixed in the new release
- 3New features
- 4Changes to the software’s data usage profile
New application versions will be categorised in the following way:
- Defined as changes that only include: textual changes, UI element position changes, UI element colour changes and fixes for defects that correct incorrect coding of existing features.
- Maintenance releases should be reviewed before releasing to customers. However, if there are critical/major defects impacting customers then the release may be performed before the Betfair review process is complete.
- Software Vendors should allow 3 working days for the review to be completed
- Defined as changes that build upon maintenance releases and additionally include: minor changes to the workflow within an application (for example, changing an existing complex view of form into a multi-step wizard), small features that do not significantly change how a user interacts with the software (for example, adding a “fill at least £x” or a “fill within x seconds” parameter to an existing “fill or kill” feature.
- Minor enhancements releases must be reviewed before releasing to customers. In many cases Betfair will allow the release to proceed before the review process is complete.
- Software Vendors should allow 7 working days for the review to be completed.
- Defined as any change more significant than a minor release. If any new features are added to your application then that would qualify as a major release (for example, adding a risk-bot that attempts to reduce your exposure to a target level). Significant code changes that have no visible customer change would still qualify as a major change (e.g. moving from one programming language to another)
- Software Vendors should allow 3 working weeks for the review to be completed.
Betfair will respond to new application version submissions in one of the following ways:
- Request for additional information. Your application review will not be completed until the requested information is provided.
- Non-compliant with reasons. Your application has one or more significant fault that must be resolved before it can be provided to customers.
- Compliant with minor issues. Your application is compliant, but one or more areas of improvement were identified. The application may be provided to customers.
- Compliant with no issues. Your application is compliant and no issues were identified.
- Review later. Your application’s changes are deemed to be very low risk (for example for maintenance releases or minor releases). Betfair will continue to review the application and will provide additional feedback, but the application may be provided to customers
Download your new release submission form here. Complete the form, upload and submit with your details below.
If Software Vendors are found to be non-compliant with the software certification requirements or fail to comply with the new application version requirements, Betfair reserve the right to suspend the application.
Betfair also reserves the right to re-test an application in the event that no changes have been submitted.